Ex1 Cosmetics

For my very first post of 2020 I wanted to do a review on the brand Ex1 Cosmetics.
I actually read a lot about this brand a long while ago but was never able to get my hands on it but then Beauty Bay began to stock the brand and soon after Super drugs began to keep it in store too although not the biggest of stands there is still plenty to choose from... 

Ex1 Cosmetics made the self famous by being the one brand that caters for olive skin tones and not just 1 standard olive tone we see so much of with many brands where shades are very limited and usually quite orange toned but every tone possible is catered for with Ex1!

Many celebrities such as Adele, Reese Witherspoon and even Kylie Jenner are just a few known to wear this brand. 
The shades go from the most pale of tones to the deep tones too all with undertones to match perfectly, not too pink not too yellow but then not completely neutral either. 

I have practically everything from this brand now and as some may know I do a lot of makeups mainly bridal and so far I have only recieved good feedback with Ex1 cosmetics products.

Here's 2 beauties I done makeup for Christmas parties for, using the liquid foundation, mineral powder and blushers all from Ex1. 


The foundations are an absolute dream to work with, I can blend it effortlessly with a brush no streaks or product looking like its sat on top of the skin, it seems to just melt on contact giving you a your skin but polished and perfected finish. 
In saying that my favourite way for the liquid foundation application is to use a damp beauty sponge (my fave is real techniques)
By dabbing on the product you can build up in areas you want or need more coverage and sheer out where you want. 
The foundations do not oxidise so the shade is the actual shade you will get, there's no creasing no oil or grease it literally perfects your skin and photographs beautifully, you get a professional finished look all for the sake of £12.99. 

The mineral powder. 
Again, the mineral powders carry the same shade numbers, you can obviously use the powder on its own or as I have done many times for an extra flawless look use the mineral powder to set everything down, I use a lighter shade under the eye and set the rest with the same shade as the liquid I used. 

A lovely lightweight powder to set and brighten. 


There's no heavy or cake feeling to the face nor does it look like it either, the good thing is with it being mineral powder it's super finely milled so is airy on the skin, leaving you matt but with a healthy skin glow it will bring you a dream skin. 
The mineral powder is a fab edition to any makeup bag for quick touchups too, if you find a little oil creeping in (I haven't yet) just dust a light layer of powder and it will look fresh again, I have actually baked with this powder and I can assure you, it does not move or break down at all and that was being timed on an 11hr work day.

The blush.
The blushers I love! 

I used the natural flush blusher here. 

My favourite is jet set for a real healthy pop of colour to the cheek and honestly any skin tone can use any shade of blush so don't think you need to be matching a blush for a specific skin tone from light to dark you can use any of these shades. 
They are a mat powder with a subtle hint of a Sheen almost when applied. 
Easily buildable yet can be as sheer as you want they are a super good investment to your makeup stash. 

Here's a few more makeups I created using the Ex1 Brand. 

A complete flawless look, using shade 1.0 liquid and mineral powder, Jet set blush also used here.
Shade 3.0 with 1.0 under the eye to set and brighten with Jet Set blush too. 


Have you tried Ex1 Cosmetics yet? 
Let me know what your favourite product is. 

Hannah. X

Comments